The Chef will support with the delivery of Chartwells bespoke “Beyond the Chartwells Kitchen” programmes. The energetic individual will have a can-do attitude, be highly organised and able to present themselves in a professional manner in meetings with customers, clients and senior managers.
It is the chef’s role to build rapport with school children from primary school age through to being young adults, engaging them and educating them through high energy interactive cooking classes and nutrition workshops. Responsibilities will include:
Delivering our internal award-winning food and nutrition education programme to all year groups in all schools across the life of the contract with Durham LA.
Engaging with parents to promote school meals and to support with queries.
Working in partnership with each school to support a whole school approach to wellbeing and school food.
Working closely with in-contract education chef and research student to provide information required and working in collaboration to meet KPIs of contract with regards to added value delivery.
The person within role must be keenly aware of health and safety and food hygiene issues.
It is the responsibility of the individual to ensure the work diary to filled and we are targeting high priority business.
Who you are:
• At least 2+ years experience as a cook or chef
• Confident in communicating to large groups of people and controlling challenging meetings/conversations
• Confident in delivering food education to different audiences
• Must be willing to travel and stay away from home occasionally
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrates Compass values and recognition principles
• Ability to quickly gain credibility with key stakeholder groups
• Professional, organised, presentable, efficient and self-motivated
• Excellent presentation skills
• Excellent IT skills
• Ability to manage a busy diary independently
What we'll give:
- Up To £29K per annum depending on experience
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
Who we are:
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms – some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.