We are looking for a talented Head Chef to lead a small catering team with overall accountability for the quality standards and profitable delivery of the catering operation in a private Care Home. To build a strong client relationship and motivate staff to provide services that address the needs of residents. To ensure the site and team operates and complies with company policy and procedures and with a strong focus on a delivering a traditional menu
More about the role:
- To always be polite, professional, and friendly with Residents and Care team
- Cultivate and actively promote a close working relationship with the Home Manager and care team to work together to ensure the highest level of Resident service
- To present a can – do attitude towards Residents and strive to exceed customer expectations
- Management of Food Safety and Health & Safety procedures and standards
- Management of the Catering team to ensure all food production, service and financial targets are met
- Manage the food production planning, food purchasing and stock management
- Manage the team through effective communication and performance management
- Recruit, train and develop the team, supporting the company Career Progression and Apprenticeship programme where applicable
- Manages the cleanliness of the kitchen and food service area
- Completes all bookwork and reporting as required
- Performs other general tasks as reasonably requested
- Good communication skills
Who you are:
- Excellent cooking skills to deliver a traditional menu
- Passionate about working in a food service environment
- Able to work positively with others as part of a team
- Completion of all company courses relevant to role
- Good business knowledge of a food service operation
- Strong communication skills, able to engage and motivate others
- Previous management experience within a kitchen environment
- Enhanced DBS is a requirement for this role
- NVQ Lvl2/3 in Professional Cookery or equivalent
- Basic or Intermediate food hygiene Level 2/3
- Basic Health & Safety
What we'll give:
- £11.38 per hour,
- 40 hours per week
- Based in London
- Shift pattern: 8am to 4.30pm
- Compass exclusive offers on Perks at Work
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
Are you looking to join a company that invest in their people, recognise great work when they see it and provide plenty of opportunities for career growth? Then look no further because here at Compass Group UK & Ireland we know that when people are happy and satisfied it shines through!
At Compass we believe a successful career starts with passion, creativity and positivity. As one big family, our people are proud of what we do, we offer career opportunities and the chance to work across many different sectors
Who we are:
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms – some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.