Laundry & Housekeeping Assistant
A great opportunity to join our passionate Domestic team on a permanent basis has become available to work within our busy healthcare setting.
This role will suit a customer focused individual who is willing to provide cover for both cleaning and beverage services at weekends for a world leading food and facilities management company.
Responsible for the cleaning standards across the hospital, this role will involve direct interaction with Patients and Medical staff on ward areas with responsibilities including:
- High and low Dusting, Mopping, wiping and scrubbing surfaces.
- Cleaning of wards, side rooms, toilets, showers and public areas.
- Ensure rubbish bins are maintained and removed when full.
- Ensure your assigned areas are kept clean, presentable and safe for Patients by following the required policies and procedures.
- Liaise with ward staff on a regular basis and following clear guidelines as requested
- Use and handle machinery in accordance with the role following all Health & Safety guidelines
The Ideal Candidate
Ideally, you will have a strong background in housekeeping and cleaning. We are looking for individuals who are customer focused, possess great teamwork skills and are dedicated and flexible in their working approach.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Laundry & Housekeeping Assistant to join our Domestics and Catering team at The British Home in London.
This position is for 25 hours per week, working 5 out of 7 days including alternate weekends and bank holidays.
About the Company
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme. We offer further training by offering an accredited qualification through our NVQ program.
Compass Group UK